Thursday, February 17, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken...


My boyfriend requested teriyaki chicken last night, so I made it for him. If you like japanese food, this is a great, cheaper alternative to what you can get in the store. I got the chicken on sale, which was a huge plus is making this dish. I made white rice, but you could always make fried rice at home. (maybe I will do a blog on that sometime) The sauce I used for this wasn't very sweet, it was just something that I already had at home. It was a marinade so that could be why. I would suggest that you google how to make a sauce, or look in your local grocery store for something pre-made. (there are lots of neat sauces on the asian isle of the grocery store)

Teriyaki Chicken
boneless skinless chicken breasts
oil
a wok
teriyaki sauce

Cut you chicken into small equally sized chunks so they cook quickly and evenly. Take a wok, or a large skillet, and heat up some oil, just enough to saute (1 or 2 tablespoons, use your judgement) Saute the chicken for a few minutes. When the chicken looks like it is about done, add some teriyaki sauce. Add as much as you personally like. I don't like a lot of sauce, so I did not add that much, just enough to coat the chicken. When the chicken is cooked through, pair it with some rice and enjoy. I don't know the exact time I cooked the chicken for. I just used my judgment and checked a few of the pieces to see. The pieces are small, so they will cook quickly. You can easily do this with other sauces, just check out your grocery store. 

Shrimp Sauce
The shrimp sauce was bought at Food Lion. You can make your own shrimp sauce. My boyfriend and I have tried multiple times, but can't seem to get the taste of it at the restaurants. You can always go to a japanese restaurant and ask for some shrimp sauce.It will cost a little, but definitely cheaper than buying all the ingredients needed to make it at home.  (If you don't know what shrimp sauce is, it's the white/orange sauce that is served at the restaurants. It's called shrimp sauce where I am from, but I have heard different names for it here in Greensboro) 

No comments:

Post a Comment