Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chicken Quesadilla...


I used the leftover salsa chicken that I made the other day to make this. This was probably the most delicious quesadilla that I have ever eaten. It's healthy too! 

Chicken Quesadilla
3 oz leftover salsa chicken (3 points)
2 tablespoons frozen corn, thawed (1 point)
1/8 cup of 2% shredded cheese (1 point)
large tortilla (4 points)
1/2 tsp butter (0 points)
1 tbsp light sour cream (1 point)

Thaw out your corn, I did it in the microwave, and heat up your chicken. To guess a serving size of chicken, compare it to the size of a deck of cards. Melt a tiny amount of butter in a large skillet on medium heat. I used Smart Balance light. Place the tortilla in the skillet, and add corn, chicken, and cheese on half of the tortilla. I used a small amount of cheese, around 1/8 of a cup. After about a minute, fold over the empty side of the tortilla to the side with the ingredients on it. Let it cook for a minute or two on each side until you get your desired doneness. I like my a little crispy so I cooked it until I saw brown on the tortilla. I dipped it in some light sour cream and it tasted so delicious. 

This quesadilla has 9 points as prepared. You can definitely modify. I would love to find tortillas with less points, but haven't seen any in my local grocery store. The butter I used, about 1/2 tsp, has 0 points. 




No comments:

Post a Comment